Beneath the evening sky, the final two days of March will conclude in an artistic note, as Russian Classical Ballet will be performed at the Nelum Pokuna Performing Arts Theatre. A troupe consisting of performers from Russia, to whom the platforms of Bolshoi and Mariinsky are home, will showcase their talents to an audience so grand, in the heart of Colombo. The troupe will be led by the amazing Natalia Permyakova, head of Chamber Ballet, who has excelled in her dancing career, and possesses a Phd in Pedagogical Sciences. Her achievements and in puts to the Ballet industry of Russia have been a contributing factor for the highly professional, skilful and talented students produced under her guidance. Therefore, dancers, Pugacheva Natalia, Naletova Daria, Kozmina Ksenia, Kirilin Dmitry, Pankova Elena, Galtsova Sofia, Gavisov Ruslan, Semenov Nikolay, Nguent Trung Heo, Maksov Alexandr, Anton Maltsev and Ksenia Maximova are assured to present the audience with an unforgettable performance..
While some performances will include all dancers in their variations of dance, others will be solos and duets that express certain fragments of world renowned ballets. Here’s a sneak peak as to what is in store for all readers if they are the fortunate bearers of passes to Russian Classical Ballet in Colombo.
1. Choreographic composition. Music by L. Minkus
2. “Pavlova and Cecchetti.” Music by P. Tchaikovsky, choreography by John Neumeier
3. “Russian dance” from the ballet “Swan Lake”, music by P. Tchaikovsky, choreography by K.Holeizovcky
4. Adagio from the ballet “Swan Lake”, music by P. Tchaikovsky, choreography by L. Ivanov
5. Waltz No. 7 from the ballet “Chopiniana”. Music by F.Chopin, choreography by M.Fokin
6. Gypsy dance from the ballet “Don Quixote”. Music by L.Minkus, choreography by Vladimir Burmeister
7.”Le Spectre de la Rose”. Music by Carl Maria von Weber, choreography by M.Fokin
9. Pas de deux from the ballet “Giselle”. Music by Adolphe Adam, choreography by Perro, Jean Coralli
10. “Panaderos” – dance from the ballet “Raymonda”. Music by Glazunov, choreography M.Petipa
11. La poule (“Chicken”) - short joke. Music by Jean Phillipe Rameau, choreography by A.Dorofeeva
12. Dance “Gopak” from the ballet “Taras Bulba”. Music by Soloviev Sedoy, choreography by K.Sergeeva
13. Grand Pas from the ballet “Don Quixote”. Music by L.Minkus, choreography by A.Gorsky
14. “In honor of the dance”. Music by L. Minkus
On a final note, the Russian Centre in Colombo invites all classical art lovers to witness this lavishing night of Ballet, in a grandeur atmosphere at Sri Lanka’s finest performing arts theatre, which could be considered as an opportunity that arises once in a blue moon for the local community. Therefore keep free the 30th and 31st of March for the Russian Classical Ballet in Colombo which promises an experience to cherish a lifetime.
Further information regarding the event can be obtained by logging onto [email protected] or by calling the numbers +94 11 2685429 or 2685440.
The Box Plan is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Russian Centre in Colombo, 10, Independence Avenue, Colombo 07.
Add commentComments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.
Sri Lanka boasts of a 2500 year old Buddhist culture. This culture also inclu
Abortion is illegal in Sri Lanka unless the life of the mother is at risk. Re
Recently, the “Country Strategic Plan (CSP) for Sri Lanka” was approved b
30 May 2023 - 0 - 1739
30 May 2023 - 1 - 1156
30 May 2023 - 5 - 3828
29 May 2023 - 0 - 55
Name - Reply Comment