In our previous articles on the above subject we familiarized our readers with some specific planetary combinations that are likely to cause specific ailments or disabilities. In this article we propose to discuss several planetary combinations indicating Diabetes.
Diabetes Mellitus has become a disease as common as heart disease in the present society everywhere in the world.
According to medical science, diabetes results from the deficiency of insulin secreted by the endocrine glands called islets of Langerhans situated in the tail of pancreas.
The normal symptoms of the disease are that the person feels unusually thirsty irrespective of the climatic conditions and passes an unusually large amount of urine. The person gets easily tired and exhausted. Even a small wound may remain unhealed.
Affliction of Venus and Jupiter or Moon and Jupiter, together with the affliction of the Virgo sign, the 6th House, 6th lord and Sun could result in diabetes
Venus is considered the planet that rules over secretory organs of the body. According to savants of Astrology, all the secretions of the endocrine glands are controlled by Venus and to some extent by the Moon. Jupiter is the planet that regulates the sugar metabolism of the body. As the pancreas are situated in the abdomen, it is the 6th House afflictions that relate to diabetes. Affliction of Venus and Jupiter or Moon and Jupiter, together with the affliction of the Virgo sign, the 6th House, 6th lord and Sun could result in diabetes. 8th House also rules this disease. While judging this disease the strength of the 8th House and the planetary combinations relating to this disease too should be considered.
Following planetary combinations generally signify diabetes.
- Venus in a watery sign or with the lord of watery sign placed in the 7th or the 8th House associated with a malefic, or Venus is between two malefics.
- An afflicted Venus is placed in the 6th or the 12th House
- The 6th House or its lord is afflicted and is in a watery sign or is placed between malefics.
- Afflictions to Venus, Jupiter or the moon or to all the three planets
- Malefic Venus is in the Ascendant or in a malefic place
- A strong malefic is in the 8th and Venus and Jupiter are afflicted.
- A strong malefic is in the Ascendant when Venus and Jupiter are afflicted.
- The 5th lord is in combination with a lord of a Dustan, 6th, 8th or the 12th House.
The diagnosis should not be made on the basis of one or two combinations. A careful assessment of the horoscope as a whole should be made to arrive at a conclusion.