A five year old girl sustained injuries when a plastic bottle she picked from the road, exploded late last night in Boralesgamuwa. The bomb disposal squad had rushed to the scene to conduct investigations and revealed that it was a smoke bomb.
The victim had been rushed to the Kalubowila Hospital where she is currently receiving treatment. According to the Borelasgamuwa Police, the bomb had exploded when the child had tried to open the bottle which she had picked from the road side.
Police are conducting further investigations.