Six people, including two brides, have been hospitalized due to an allergy during a bridal dressing at a beauty parlour in Mirigama this evening, Police said.
It has been revealed that the owner of the beauty salon, three employees and two brides who were being dressed for the homecoming ceremony have fainted and later hospitalized.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the incident had taken place when the premises suffered a power failure and the power supply was restored with the help of a generator.
A spokesman for the office of the Mirigama Medical Officer of Health said it was suspected that the allergy could have been caused due to the combination of smoke from the generator and the emission from the A/C as well as various types of chemical properties in the cosmetics that were being used in bridal dressing and other make up. (Pushpakumara Mallawarachchi)