A girl, who climbed a coconut tree during a tree-climbing competition organized by the Colombo Girl Guides Association to mark its centenary, is said to have slipped down the tree and was warded at the Wathupitiwela Hospital after she was found to be suffering from shock. Hospital sources said apart from shock her health condition was normal. She represented the Northern Province at the competition held at Kirindiwela.
Video by GS
nurse mali Monday, 1 May 2017 22:20
Hope she is ok now and prey for her recovery .
Reply : 1 22
sana Tuesday, 2 May 2017 03:13
why don't they used any safety gear , they are not professional climbers, why our people so stupid to do this sort of this , thanks god she is ok
Reply : 2 36
AliG Tuesday, 2 May 2017 12:26
Very lady like!
Reply : 17 5
Yana Wednesday, 3 May 2017 07:37
I was shocked to see how this girl was handled after she fell. She was pulled in all directions with good intention ofcourse. But if she had a neck or spine injury the consequences would have been devastating. She could have been paralysed. In developed countries, it is illegal to move an accident victim for this very reason.
Reply : 2 31
Dinesh Thursday, 4 May 2017 06:07
Very true. And they are supposed to be Girl Guides Association.
Reply : 1 16
RAM Friday, 12 May 2017 15:42
You are exactly right Yana. uneducated people don't know what they are doing.No safety guard and Wrong first aid
Reply : 1 0
malakas Thursday, 4 May 2017 13:43
When a girl climb a tree, there should be safety measures.
Reply : 1 7
RAJEN Thursday, 4 May 2017 13:52
Poor girl. Why she has to pluck coconut when you have coconut milk powder.
Reply : 6 5
Add commentComments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.