BY A.S. Fernando.
The markings which add strength to the Mount of Sun singly and in combinations are Star, Triangle, Square, Trident, and the Single Vertical Line. The Grille, Cross, Island, Dot or Spot, or Cross bars signify defects either in health or in character.
The markings on the Mount of Sun and what they signify are given below.
- One deep straight line - Wealth or fame or both
- Two lines - Real talent, but poor success Two conflicting talents except when one of the lines is clearly a sister Line of the Line of Sun
- Many lines: - Artistic tendencies and scientific propensities. Inspiration dissipated before realization
- A spot or a dot - danger of losing reputation
- A cross with a good Line of Sun – Success If the Line of Sun is weak - Religious insanity
- A star with a good Line of Sun - Great fame and wealth due to genius
- A star without a good Line of Sun- Fame after many obstacles and wealth coming too late - Not a good character
- A square on the Mount - Good financial success
- An ill-formed circle at the base of the finger with a poor Line of Sun- Eye sight in danger
- A circle - Much fame and foreign travel several times
- A grille: - Insane vanity
- A triangle - High honours in the field of arts
Health peculiarities of solar subjects or those with a well-developed Mount of Sun: Solar
subjects generally enjoy good health. Their
optimistic and positive attitude towards life, contributes to their good health. Their weak point is eye sight. Often their heart is also found in a poor condition.