A clue to read one’s temperament
The area of the hollow or the depression in the centre of the palm is called the Plain of Mars.
The Plain of Mars is made up of two parts called the Quadrangle and the Great Triangle. The space lying between the lines of Heart and Head is called the Quadrangle. This area extends from the Mount of Jupiter to the Mount of Upper Mars, neither Mount included. The Great Triangle is the space bounded by the lines of Head, Life and Health.
Renowned palmists like Comto C de Saint - Germain, a disciple of the celebrated palmist Adolphe Desbarroles and Cheiro have dealt with the characteristics of the Quadrangle and the Great Triangle separately for the purpose of delineating the character of the subject and making predictions.
The normal Great Triangle is the area lying between the Life line, Head line and the Health or Liver line. There would be no clearly marked Triangle in the absence of any of these three lines. In such a case, the signs located in that portion of the palm that would normally cover the space of the Triangle are to be read as if they are within the Triangle.
The main characteristics of the Great Triangle and their indications are as follows:
(1) Bulging in both hands: Aggressive temperament and prodigal disposition.
(2) Bulging in one hand only: Brave and generous.
(3) Broad and well formed with the three lines distinct: The subject is kind and benevolent.
(4) Wide and distinct with healthy three lines: Demonstrates good understanding. A healthy liver helps the brain to function efficiently.
(5) Very large with well- developed Mounts of Mars: Aggressive and audacious.
(6) A small Great Triangle: Mean and cowardly.
(7) Flat in both hands with a low Mount of Saturn: Leading an insignificant life.
(8) Much lined and exaggerated Mounts of Mercury and Mars: Impatient, fretful and easily provoked.
(9) Well formed with Heart Line forked at its termination: Generous.
(10) The Great Triangle in the hand of a person with Fate and Sin lines absent: Not suitable for an artistic or an intellectual career.
The main characteristics of the Quadrangle and their indications:
(1) Well- formed and wider towards percussion: Very straightforward.
(2) Very wide from one end to the other: Very obstinate to the extent of being foolish.
This characteristic presupposes the Heart Line running too high indicating jealousy and sensuality and the Head line running too low pointing to ill-balanced reasoning power.
(3) Narrow due to Head line rising toward the Heart line: Narrow minded. Feelings dominate over reason.
(4) Narrow due to the Heart line stooping towards the Head line: Mean and illiberal. Cold-hearted.
(5) Bulging and well- shaped: Greedy for money, but spends it generously.
(6) Wide with a good Head line and a well formed second phalanx of the Thumb: Broad-minded, reasonable and intelligent.
(7) Narrow with a poor line of Health: Prone to asthma and hay-fever.
(8) A cross in the Quadrangle touching the Head line: Dominates the other person in love and friendship.
(9) A cross in the Quadrangle touching the heart line: The subject will come under the influence of the opposite sex.
(10) Square in a normally shaped quadrangle: Quick temper, but kind-hearted.
We are inviting our readers to send in their issues and questions they have with regard to astrology and palmistry as we are ready to help them and educate them on this age-old scientific art. You can reach us on email@example.com