Tragedy in Galaha

6 May 2012 03:47 pm - 3     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

A 15-year-old schoolboy who was playing in the school ground on Vesak Full Moon Poya Day (6) was electrocuted when he attempted to climb a high voltage lamp post.

The student had come to school to attend extra classes. During the interval he had attempted to climb the lamp post, police said.  The student identified as Ramachandran Kishorekumar resided  at Wedahetawatta in Galaha.

Police said the student was playing with eight other students at the time of the incident. He had died on the spot due to severe burn injuries.
Residents had complained to the authorities asking why such high voltage lines were fixed close to the ground. In this particular incident the lines were only 10 meters above the ground.

The body was sent to the Galaha Hospital for the post mortem after the magisterial inquiry was conducted. (Suranga Rajanayake)

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

  Comments - 3

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

 
  • sltk2004 Monday, 07 May 2012 04:25 AM

    The lines were 10 meters above the ground (that's more than 30 feet). And this person has climbed on to the high voltage lamp post. And they still complain against the wires ?

    Yohan Perera Monday, 07 May 2012 05:38 AM

    Lets shut down electricity in the entire island. Take out all the lamp posts and return to the medieval age where people depended on candle light. Otherwise to the era before Edison was born so that we can use lamp posts powered by Kerosene.

    Nodrog Monday, 07 May 2012 05:34 AM

    Whats a high voltage lamp post doing in a school playground?


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




“Workers who fainted had water sprinkled on their faces and had to work again”

Health authorities believe the first reported Covid-19 infected worker from t

“Social media ruined us” - husband of Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker

The Minuwangoda Brandix factory worker who first tested positive for Covid-19

Last rites far from home

The body of the Sri Lankan migrant worker Bandu who died of coronavirus in Du

Doctors blame newborn for gash on her face

A baby born on September 21 at the Wathupitiwala Base Hospital in Gampaha has

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.