O/L passes up; 9,960 students obtain all ‘A’s

29 March 2018 10:31 pm - 1     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

The percentage of students who had qualified to follow the GCE Advanced Level had increased, based on the results of the GCE OL examination released yesterday, the Education Department said.

“ Some73 per cent has qualified to follow AL this year. It was 69.94 per cent in 2016-showing an increase of 3.11 per cent compared to 2016,” the department said.

Examinations Commissioner Sanath Pujitha said that there was a 4.43 per cent increase in the Mathematics results obtained this year compared to 2016.

“62.81 per cent of students passed in 2016 whereas it is 67.24 per cent this year,” he said.

In addition there was an increase in the number of students who obtained A Grades for all the subjects.

“8,224 students obtained A passes for all subjects in 2016 while this year 9,960 students had obtained A passes,” the Examinations Commissioner said.  (Chaturanga Samarawickrama)

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

  Comments - 1

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

 
  • JuniorCitizen Friday, 30 March 2018 12:58 AM

    73% have passed the O/L's and can enter A/L's.Congrats to them.Remaining 27% are now qualified to enter Parliament.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




Gotabaya Govt’s pre-emptive strike against LTTE Maaveerar Naal

November 27th 1989 was the day on which the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam

Adivasi community struggle to preserve 37,000 -year-old heritage

Sri Lanka’s indigenous Adivasi community—the Vedda people—have historic

Pad politics is back

In November 2019, in the run up to the Presidential election, Sri Lanka debat

ANYTHING FOR MONEY

Some unregulated online lenders are remotely taking control of phones of thos

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.