There shall be no issue for him to win according to the current results.
Sonali De Saram Sunday, 17 November 2019 12:04 PM
Srilanka has had its last presidential elections.
Bandu Sunday, 17 November 2019 12:15 PM
That's fine. I hope on behalf of all Sri Lankans the Rajapaksa family would reformulate their methodology and practices and enhance their historical patriotic reputation.
1. Never ever to misuse the funds belong to the ordinary people of the country.
2. Get rid of the hooligans close to the regime including the family members and recover all the stolen properties and the wealth.
3. Anybody within their own party and the clan attempting to conduct any corrupt activities must be penalised severely using legal system and the political system. Then look into others.
4. Try to emulate statesmanship.
5. Try to be honest and accept wrong doings and correct setting an example.
6. Curtail the illegal practices and set an example for the followers and the ordinary citizen.
7. Set the judiciary free and fair, without interfering with the system.
Ron Marshall Sunday, 17 November 2019 12:20 PM
I am so glad that the People of Sri Lanka seem to have rejected the trend to seek closer ties with the US and India. If Premadasa had won we would have signed away our rights for loans from the USA which do not come free.
anonymous Sunday, 17 November 2019 12:25 PM
A Gotabhaya victory will be a sad day for Sri Lanka
Andrew Silva Sunday, 17 November 2019 01:40 PM
First and foremost Mr. Rajapaksha straighten up your citizenship fiasco, otherwise Amarican and Sri Lanka will remain confused. This should be your first item in your presidentship agenda. Don't let it drag on. We want to have a clear and clean President and not to allow outsiders to meddle with our nation.
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.