Just as there are Arishta Yogas there are Arishta-Bhanga Yogas or planetary combinations that dissolve the Arishta Yogas. Therefore, a student of Astrology after identifying an Arishta Yoga in a Natal Chart should look it up carefully to ascertain whether there are Arishta-Bhanga Yogas as well.
There are many Arishta-Bhanga Yogas spelt out in great astrological works like Brihat Samhita and Saravali. However, we wish to give only a few such yogas for the benefit of our readers.
The combinations are:
- All Arishta Yogas get nullified when Jupiter is powerfully posited in the Lagna at birth.
- All Arishta Yogas are destroyed by the full Moon posited between two benefic planets.
- All Arishta Yogas are dissolved if the benefics Jupiter, Venus and Mercury together occupy one of the Shad Vargas (six divisions of a Zodiacal sign) even if the Moon is posited in the 6th or the 8th House.
- A native fortified at birth with the aspect of benefics without being seen by any malefic will live long with all Arishta Yogas rendered ineffective.
- All Arishta Yogas get dissolved if Moon is occupying a Rashi or a Navamsa ruled by a benefic and is aspected by Venus.
- A benefic powerfully posited in one of the four quadrants would render all Arishta Yogas ineffective. Sun or Rahu in the 11th House counteract all Arishta Yogas.
- If born in the night, when Moon is in a waxing phase even if it is in the 6th or the 8th House all Arishta Yogas would fail to take effect.
- Jupiter, Venus, Mercury and Moon occupying signs and Vargas belonging to benefics destroy all Arishta Yogas.
- If malefics occupying Vargas of the benefics are aspected by benefics posited in Vargas owned by benefics all Arishta Yogas would become ineffective.
- If Rahu posited in the 3rd, 6th or 11th House is aspected by benefics all Arishta Yogas would get dissolved.
- If all planets are posited in the Sirodaya Rashis (signs rising by their heads – (Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Aquarius) all Arishta Yogas get annulled.
- All Arishta Yogas would disappear if the waxing Moon is seen by all planets.
- All Arishta Yogas become ineffective, if Venus aspects the exalted Moon.
- All Arishta Yogas are rendered powerless, if no benefic planet is conjunct with a malefic.
- All Arishta Yogas become nullified if the Full Moon occupies a Dwadashamshaka of a benefic.
- All Arishta Yogas get dissolved if the lord of the sign where Moon is posited occupies the Lagna while being aspected by all planets.
- All Arishta Yogas get destroyed if Jupiter is in the 10th from the Moon’s sign, malefics are in the 11th and Mercury and Venus are in the 12th.
- If Moon is posited in the 3rd, 4th or the 6th from the Lagna and is aspected by benefics, all Arishta Yogas would disappear.