It is quite obvious that there is a growing desire among people to go abroad nowadays. For different reasons, of course. Many seek to travel abroad for employment and domicile. There are other who want to go abroad for higher studies and for visiting wonders of the world or on pilgrimage.
However, a chance to go abroad does not come the way of everyone who cherishes a desire for it. Therefore, many seek to know whether foreign travel is written in their stars. Of course, a competent astrologer can predict whether foreign travel is in store for one and for what purpose.
Travel Astrology is a vast subject and there are many books written on this subject. We wish to familiarize our readers with only the basic factors contributing to foreign travel.
Role of signs, Houses and lords of Houses
Certain Houses, signs, the lords of the Houses and signs have to be carefully examined for predicting whether one is destined to travel abroad or not.
Significance of Movable and watery signs
Movable signs like Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn and water signs like Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces promote foreign travel. The sign Cancer being both movable and watery is more powerful for foreign travel than other signs.
Houses and planets
The main Houses that come under scrutiny for ascertaining the possibility of foreign travel are the 7th, 9th, 12th and the 4th.
All planets can give foreign travel, but the planets mainly responsible for it are Rahu and the Moon.
Let us examine how Houses become relevant for foreign travel, according to principles enunciated by Indian sage Satyacharya.
- If the lord of the 1st occupies the 7th House with a benefic planet, the subject would live in a foreign country.
- Affliction of the 4th House causes the native to leave his native place and settle down in a foreign country. If the 9th lord is in the 7th House with the 7th lord, the native would earn in a foreign country.
Lords of the 4th, 9th and 12th Houses
- One may go abroad frequently if the lord of the 7th House is posited in the Lagna.The 12th lord in the Lagna which happens tobe a common sign signifies much foreign travel.
- The 12th lord in the 9th House shows residence and property in a foreign land.The 9th lord in the 4th with the Lagna lord signifies occupying a respectable position in the country domiciled.
- The 9th lord in the 4th House gives much foreign travel.
- The 4th lord in the 9th with the 12th lord indicates foreign travel for higher education.
- The 4th lord in the 12th House indicates stay abroad.
- Connection between the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and the 12th Houses and their lords should be examined to determine travel abroad for medical treatment.
- If in a horoscope, majority of planets are posited in movable or common signs, the native would travel abroad frequently. The conjunction of the 5th, 9th and the 12th lords in Dashamsa indicates foreign travel for employment as a scientist or other professional.
The 9th House rules long journeys. Foreign travel, pilgrimages and voyages. Different planets occupying the 9th House give different results.
Different effects that planets produce
- The Sun: Native will earn respect and fame abroad.
- Mars: Afflicted Mars signifies danger and disaster during travel.
- Mercury: Higher education and business success abroad.
- Jupiter: Prosperity in foreign lands.
- Venus: Happiness and prosperity in foreign lands
- Saturn: Loss, misery, and misfortune
- Rahu: Serious accidents if afflicted. If strong, prosperity and help from foreigners
- Ketu: If afflicted sudden disaster if fortified, help from foreigners
Timing of results
Foreign travel occurs during the Major or Antar Dasa periods of the planets causing such travel.