The Health Ministry urged the general public to assist the authorities to contain the spread of COVID-19 during the upcoming festive season by adhering to the health guidelines.
Accordingly, Director General of Health Services requested people to limit shopping during the Christmas and Holiday season and also to ensure only one person leaves the residence for shopping.
People are also urged to make purchases from outlets that are located close to their residences.
In addition, people are urged not to organise parties and functions, that gather people in large numbers into one place and also to refrain from going on excursions.
The following instructions are also given by the Ministry.
- To maintain social distancing when wishing each other for the Christmas and New year.
- To ensure that elderly people are not exposed to Covid-19.
- To maintain distance during shopping and also not to be reluctant to tell anyone to maintain distance if he or she is not doing so.
- To use online purchasing options whenever possible.
- To always wear a mask when leaving residence. (Sheain Fernandopulle)