The Qatari Embassy in Colombo has said on Tuesday that there were no plans of an emergency evacuation of 150,000 Sri Lankans in the Gulf state, foreign media reported.
The embassy advised Sri Lankans not to be misled by reports on emergency evacuation plans for the 150,000 Sri Lankans in Qatar, which the embassy dubbed as their "second home."
"Officials from Sri Lankan Foreign Ministry and the embassy in Doha confirmed that there is no need for such measures as the diplomatic rift left no adverse impacts on the normal life of citizens and the expatriates as well," the Qatari Embassy said.
Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen cut diplomatic ties and transport links with Qatar earlier this month after accusing the small Gulf state of supporting terrorism and aligning with Iran.
Sri Lanka said last week that it has not taken any decision with regard to the crisis in the Gulf following the isolation of Qatar, but will hold talks with other countries and decide on the way forward.