Mon, 21 Jun 2021 Today's Paper

Video: 52% of the budget allocated for three ministers - UNP

6 December 2013 08:44 am - 8     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

UNP Badulla District Parliamentarian Harin Fernando said today 52% of the budget was allocated to three Ministers of the same family while the balance 48% was allocated to the rest.

“52% of the budget has been allocated to three ministers while the other 105 ministers have been allocated only 48% in the 2014 budget allocation. This clearly shows that everything is done according to the consent of a certain group in the government. People should think wisely at least now,” Mr. Fernando said.

Mr. Fernando alleged that the government had defrauded Rs. 700 million when providing school uniforms this year and said the UNP was expecting a response from the government in this regard.

“The government has defrauded Rs.700 million in the distribution of school uniforms this year. The government had spent Rs.2 billion for school uniforms when they could have been supplied for Rs.1400 million. The Education Minister and the Education Services Minister must be held responsible for this blatant fraud. I am going to bring this to the notice of the Bribery and Corruption Commission and demand a full inquiry into this scam.(Ajith Siriwardana)

WATCH
See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

  Comments - 8

See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.

 

 
  • Ranjith Saturday, 07 December 2013 06:25 AM

    If UNP comes to power they will distribute everything equally among themselves and do nothing for the country.

    Ranjith Saturday, 07 December 2013 06:27 AM

    Harin aparadene oyage thaththata dunnanam poliyata wath denna thibuna ne

    Calistus Jayatilleke Friday, 06 December 2013 11:18 AM

    Reminds one of an old saying of a bygone politician: When you have the spoon, serve the biggest portion to yourself.

    Gowrie Saturday, 07 December 2013 07:39 AM

    And the balance 48% is managed by 105 ministers. This is the miracle of Asia!!!!!

    Buddhika Lokubandara Saturday, 07 December 2013 08:50 AM

    Boy! and what a spoon

    Shanthi Saturday, 07 December 2013 11:20 AM

    Well most share goes to army, navy and air force to pay the salaries. Why not highlight the facts??

    ind Friday, 06 December 2013 09:04 AM

    It may be true. So, what ???

    Rasa Friday, 06 December 2013 10:38 AM

    Our people are very quick in analising everything and making comments for 'food for thought'.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment


Statistical blunders expose administrative weaknesses

Information helps save lives and during a pandemic a free-flow of vital, accu

Vavuniya tusker’s demise DID TOO MANY ‘COOKS’ SPOIL JUMBO’S RECOVERY?

On June 11 Sri Lanka lost another one of its magnificent tuskers that succumb

Life and Times of Dynamic “Thamby” Arumugan Thondaman

Thamby”in Tamil means younger brother. It is also used widely as a pet name



See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Money Remittence,News, Courier/Delivery, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop into Sri Lanka.