Mozilla made available on Friday night the first release candidate of Firefox 3.6.
This will be the first major update to Firefox 3.5, which debuted roughly six months ago.
The Firefox team reminded users that the 3.6 release offers improvements in performance, web technologies, customization and third party application support.
Here’s the rundown, as listed by the Firefox team:
- Users can change the browser’s appearance with a single click using Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 alerts users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Changes to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability.
- Improved automatic form fill provides better options from your form history.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Support for the HTML5 File API
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.