Last Updated : 2019-01-22 16:20:44

Apps Advertising Home Delivery Feedback

Arrested Hansard officer brought to Parliament

22 May 2019 12:10 am - 0     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}


Security officers inspected the arrested suspect’s room in Parliament 

By Yohan Perera and Ajith Siriwardana   
Mohamed Naushad Jalaldeen, the 42-year old senior indexing officer attached to the Hansard Department, was yesterday brought to Parliament to carry out investigations.  

Security officers inspected the arrested suspect’s room in Parliament.   

The Defence Ministry on Monday permitted a special police team from the Kurunegala Police to detain the suspect for three months for questioning.   

He was arrested at Kurunegala on Saturday on charges of aiding and abetting National Thowheed Jama’at (NTJ) leader Zahran Hashim.   
Police said the suspect, brought to Parliament under heavy police guard, was questioned for some two hours.   

 It was said the computer used by the suspect at the Hansard Department was also subjected to  heavy checking.    

 During the probe the Hansard Department was made out of bounds for outsiders except for employees attached to it.

 Meanwhile, Parliament sources said the suspect kept to himself most of the time and spoke to only a few of his colleagues. He had worked in Parliament for 12 years and drew a salary of Rs.120,000 a month.   

  Comments - 0

Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment

TWISTS AND TURNS in the Dr. Shafi controversy

The sterilization charges against Dr. Seigu Shihabdeen Mohamed Shafi from the

Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) An in-depth look at ISIS

As the people and Government of Sri Lanka reel with shock and grief in the wa

Mahela declines to be part of Sri Lankan team Management at cricket World Cup

Weeks after guiding Mumbai Indians to their fourth IPL title--his second in t


A series of bombings struck churches and hotels in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday