Kandy secures Inter-Club Sevens first-leg

4 June 2018 01:32 am - 0     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}


By Sandun Kodithuwakku

Kandy Sports Club bagged the first-leg of the Dialog Inter-Club Seven-A-Side Rugby Tournament when they beat Police Sports Club ‘A’ Team by 26 points (four tries and three conversions) to 5 points (one try) in the Cup Championship final played at the Racecourse Rugby Grounds in Colombo on Sunday.

At the breather Kandy SC led 7-0.

Kandy SC opened scoring with a try from Danshka Dayan which was converted by Thilina Weerasinghe.

Dhanushka Ranjan scored the second try for Kandy SC with Roshan Weeraratne adding the extra points.

Wishwamithra Jayasinghe scored the third try for Kandy SC with Weeraratne adding the extras.

Harsha Silva scored the solitary try for Police SC.

Jason Dissanayake scored the fourth try for Kandy SC during injury time.

Earlier, Kandy SC beat Navy SC ‘B’ in the quarter-finals and progressed to the final after beating CH & FC 26 -21.

Police SC ‘A’ booked their berth in the final after beating Havelock SC and Air Force SC ‘A’ in the quarter-finals and semi-finals respectively.

The second leg will be worked off on June 16 and 17 at the same venue.

Results (finals):

Cup: Kandy SC beat Police SC ‘A’ 26-5

Plate: Navy SC ‘A’ beat Army SC ‘A’ 22-19

Bowl: Police SC ‘B’ beat CH and FC ‘B’ 19-14

Shield: Air Force SC ‘B’ beat Navy SC ‘B’ 29-7


Cup: Navy SC beat Army SC 15-7

Plate: Air Force SC beat Colombo Eagles 47-0

  Comments - 0

Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment

Kidneys that whisper death

A flute version of Beethoven’s ‘Für Elise’ was echoing from a distance

Burning Panamanian tanker leaves SL authorities gutted

Weeks after MV Wakashio, a Japanese-owned bulk carrier, ran aground a coral r

New Diamond on Fire

The fire has been contained, now where will the oil go?


To have received her son’s death certificate on the day she brought him to