Last Updated : 2019-01-22 16:20:44

Apps Advertising Home Delivery Feedback

I have a Presidential mania: Somawansa

28 June 2015 02:37 pm - 14     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A
I have a Presidential mania and not a mania for Parliamentary membership, the former leader of the Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP) Somawansa Amarasinghe said.

“I have a Presidential mania, but it is aimed at the abolition of executive presidency as stressed by our leader comrade Rohana Wijeweera” Amarasinghe stated while addressing the first convention of his newly formed party, Janatha Sevaka Paksaya (JSP).

Addressing the gathering at the Colombo New Town Hall on Saturday he posed the question as to what is wrong in supporting President Maithripala Sirisena who had forgone powers of Executive Presidency.

Amarasinghe said that the JVP founded by Rohana Wijeweera only with five members in order to fight for social justice and democracy had lost its identity now creating a huge void in the political arena and that he formed the new party to fill the gap.

Referring to the alleged Temple Trees coup on the Election Day night, he said he had to launch a fast demanding an investigation into the allegation as the JVP did not intervene to expose the conspirators. He accused that the JVP leaders did not talk about the incident. “I am not a youngster now, but I can teach politics to the lads” he claimed.

“JVP leaders have told that I have gone mad. I challenge them to tell it in public, so that I would be able to take legal action against them and use the damages they would pay for the building of my new party” Somawansa retorted.

• Mevan Monday, 29 June 2015 06:04 AM

This sickness is also known as senile decay and politicians nearing the age 70 or past it get this.

lkboy Monday, 29 June 2015 11:33 AM

Too late. Presidential polls are over. See you in 6 years.

Veda-mama Monday, 29 June 2015 06:52 AM

Oya thannawata thamai thamun-nansae karaki karaki baera gahavwae.

weera Sunday, 28 June 2015 08:13 PM

Feel sorry for this man. He has lost all his marbles.

PoPo Sunday, 28 June 2015 08:17 PM

You and Rohana Wijeweera are now history. We have a great and simple President now. He will take care of us!

Premalal Monday, 29 June 2015 06:58 AM

He needs immediate medical attention from specialists at I.D.H.

Top Cat Monday, 29 June 2015 07:13 AM

And trying get HERNIA!!!

lawry Monday, 29 June 2015 07:19 AM

I felt the same sentiments

ANTON Monday, 29 June 2015 07:19 AM

UNCLE TA BAAGETA PISSU ..........

Sincere Monday, 29 June 2015 08:55 AM

Please also teach those youngsters how to jump out from the frying pan into waters to save own skin when the need arises. That would be so valuable to them.

Jeff Monday, 29 June 2015 09:20 AM

This guy has become a new comedian.

Kanna Monday, 29 June 2015 06:18 PM

Pissu Poosa ......

mohideen Monday, 29 June 2015 10:18 AM

The old saying that "one cannot teach new tricks to old dogs" is very true.He will go to oblivion like all the old-guard leftists! Starting with Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, Mao, SA Wick, Pieter Ken, NM, Colvin, of the past. Vasu, Vijebahu, Dharmasekera, etc of the living lot.

Prem Nath Monday, 29 June 2015 10:28 AM

You should be happy that you are alive and kicking.

Reply To: