Fri, 24 May 2024 Today's Paper

Man dies after insect bite

19 April 2024 11:04 am - 4     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

By Romesh Madushanka

Jaffna, April 19 (Daily Mirror)- A 52-year-old man in Jaffna city died after succumbing to an illness caused by an insect bite, as reported by hospital sources.

The victim was stung below the ear, leading to severe pain and subsequent admission to Jaffna Teaching Hospital on the same day, they said.

Despite acknowledging the insect bite, the patient was unable to identify the specific type of insect.

Later, the patient's condition deteriorated rapidly, resulting in his demise during treatment yesterday.


  Comments - 4

  • Ishak Friday, 19 April 2024 01:22 PM

    Definitely not the insect bite killed him, but the inferior quality medicine.

    POOR QUALITY MEDS SHOULD NOT BE APPROVED INTO THE COUNTRY Friday, 19 April 2024 10:36 PM

    YOU ARE VERY POSSIBLY CORRECT. I KNOW OF A CASE WHERE A GUY WAS BITTEN BY A CAT, HE WAS GIVEN A ANTI RABIES INJECTION AND SADLY PASSED AWAY.

    Mandayan Saturday, 20 April 2024 05:47 AM

    So, it is over to Kehiliya?

    Janaka Wickramasinghe Saturday, 20 April 2024 04:29 AM

    It’s called anaphylaxis


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment