Two persons died and 9 others were hospitalised due to inhalation of poisonous gas at the Sapugaskanda oil refinery a short while ago.
Dr. Anil Jasinghe Director of the General Hospital said that one person was dead on admission.
“There were no external injuries and the victims were brought in due to inhalation of a noxious gas. Two people were admitted for emergency treatment and four were admitted to the casualty ward” he said.
The body of another is currently at the Krirbathgoda hospital. ( Hafeel Farisz & Sanath Desmond)
You must be in a UK in Sri Lanka. Some of us have been in UK of England and Ireland for 40 yrs+. Please don't talk misleading rubbish.
pj Friday, 16 November 2012 11:40 AM
Deaths, killings, rapes, missing, child abuse, thuggery, intimidation, etc.,...etc., are the daily news ....What a country !!
SU Friday, 16 November 2012 12:02 PM
why don't we have H2S ,CH4,H gas detectors installed in the refinery? surprise to hear that ,as a standers refineries shall have toxic gas detectors,beacons and sounders to alarm the ppl who are working there.
Namal Pavithra Friday, 16 November 2012 12:22 PM
Dan Friday, 16 November 2012 01:24 PM
Miracle of Asia
dass Friday, 16 November 2012 01:24 PM
wind wind blow to Diyawanna.
Dinithi Friday, 16 November 2012 01:42 PM
Even in the UK it is like that if you read a news paper.
jana Friday, 16 November 2012 02:02 PM
what the safety officer had to say ?a
meranchi Saturday, 17 November 2012 03:15 AM
before go to dangerous repair they must ware protection gear. safety first who will responsibility their life and love ones saftey officer must fire....i
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.