New Sri Lanka Cricket chief Jayantha Dharmadasa was completely in control of the first ex-co meeting of SLC office bearers on Thursday, sources said.
Dharmadasa asked all members to unite and work towards one goal in order to bring Sri Lanka’s cricket back to its glory days. An ex-co member said that it was a very fruitful meeting and the new president made it clear that he was keen to clean up the image of SLC which has hit rock bottom.
“The new president dominated the entire two and a half hours of proceedings,” said an ex-co member.
The ex-co decided to appoint Dharmadasa and vice president Mohan de Silva to the SLC tender committee to decide the TV rights contract for the next seven years till 2020. They will replace former president Upali Dharmadasa and former vice president Asanga Seneviratne. Former CEO Ajit Jayasekara was also replaced by acting CEO Ashley de Silva in the committee.
Chief selector Sanath Jayasuriya was a notable absentee but his proposals for four A team tours and two under 19 tours for this years has been approved by the ex-co. The next ex-co meeting will be held on Tuesday.
SLC also announced yesterday that the following decisions were taken at the ex-co meeting.
1. An Independent Panel to nominate Umpires to the ICC Panel of Umpires for year 2013/2014. This Panel will include: K. Mathivanan, Nuski Mohamed, Srinath Silva, A.R.M. Aroos-Chairman Umpires Committee, Ashley De Silva-Actg CEO, Carlton Bernadus-Actg. Head of Cricket Operations.
2. Premier Umpires Policy to be changed keeping in line with the ICC guidelines & Anti - Corruption Policy.
3. To conduct a brain storming session with all stakeholders, Past National Captains, Coaches, and administrators of Clubs, District, Provincial, Premier and National to develop a strategic plan for a competitive domestic cricket structure for a period of five years.
4. To review the present SLC strategic plan and formulate a seven year strategic plan along with the budgets
5. Based on a recommendation of the Cricket Committee Pramodya Wickramasinghe and Hashan Thilakaratne who are full time selectors were entrusted to scout for new talent.
6. Under 17 Development Squad to play a three-match One Day series against the visiting Sports Marketing & Key Accounts Procam Internanional Ltd, India
7. Construct 04 Centre Turf wickets each in the Jaffna - Northern Province and Trincomalee - Eastern Province in order to provide opportunities to develop the up and coming talented cricketers.
8. National Team Contracts for Women Cricketers in order to professionalise women's cricket in Sri Lanka were offered to women cricketers in four categories.
9. Approved to appoint a Legal Officer from the 1st of June onwards.