Four hundred and twenty six suffered from food poisoning after a wedding ceremony held yesterday in Kotiyawala village in Batticaloa, police spokesman Ajith Rohana said. He further said that the patients are still coming to the Batticaloa Hospital for treatment and the number is increasing
Batticaloa police are conducting further investigations. (SD)
What a grand wedding in a village... with over 426 guests.
The Man Monday, 16 July 2012 08:10 AM
what a wedding, 426 ppl and still counting...
Sada Monday, 16 July 2012 08:12 AM
Now it is high time to introduce laws by local goverment or by the centre to inform the relevant area PHII/HEALTH officials when such fuctions are held. A statutory charge may be introduced deem necessary.
Porak Monday, 16 July 2012 08:22 AM
Poor groom. Honeymoon in hospital?
buffaloa citizen Monday, 16 July 2012 08:10 AM
Batticoloa Hospital must be shit bucket now.
Yohan Perera Monday, 16 July 2012 08:27 AM
There's nothing as bad as having your wedding crashed...
mm Monday, 16 July 2012 08:49 AM
Luckly, bride & groom did not have their dinner...!!!
Richardson Monday, 16 July 2012 09:29 AM
Unclean and unhygienic food preparation. They do not wash due to lack of water.
Nihal D Monday, 16 July 2012 11:01 AM
Was this a wedding or a "Dansala" over 400 guests, this is nothing but a show-off wedding.
Roshe Monday, 16 July 2012 04:40 PM
what has happened all to you all??? do not have common sensibility or not a human being, while a lot people suffering over this incident.
Amarathunga Chandika Monday, 16 July 2012 05:57 PM
Over to Karuna Amman & Pillayan - hay guys are you both sleeping after hearing this news?
Amarathunga Chandika Monday, 16 July 2012 06:06 PM
Culprits should be hanged to death. IGP over to you Sir.
mail_guy Tuesday, 17 July 2012 03:58 AM
oh please.. I was there yesterday. not bad as colombo general hospital.
Calistus Jayatilleke Tuesday, 17 July 2012 08:13 AM
"Kohomada Kema? Athi Vishishtada ?
Hittchi malli Tuesday, 17 July 2012 08:29 AM
Apparently from what I heard they got the sickness after eating a beef curry. Serves them right for eating flesh of innocent animals! this is what we called ditta dharma vedaniye karma!
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.