Subscribe

Sniffer-dog electrocuted, handler hospitalised

2018-10-10 16:16:31
6
8341

Narcotic busting sniffer-dog ‘Cooper’ was killed after being electrocuted while his handler, a Police Constable was hospitalized at Irattai Periyakulam in Vavuniya this morning.

The Police said the sniffer-dog was electrocuted when the dog touched the electric fence of the Irattai Periyakulam Police Station, while it was taken for its routine physical exercise.

Constable Udayakumara, who tried to rescue the dog, was also injured due to electric shock.

He was admitted to the Vavuniya General Hospital.

The Police said the fence had electric protection due to wild elephant threat.(Darshana Sanjeewa and Romesh Madushanka)


  Comments - 6

  • Ajja Wednesday, 10 October 2018 16:57

    Oh!! what a crime..

    Reply : 0       30

    lkboy Wednesday, 10 October 2018 17:32

    So sad!

    Reply : 0       32

    Senewi Wednesday, 10 October 2018 17:43

    This electric fence seems to be illegal.

    Reply : 6       33

    DON'T SWEEP THIS UNDER THE CARPET Thursday, 11 October 2018 16:53

    Quite right - did they connect 230V direct to the fence - an independent inquiry is required.

    Reply : 0       0

    ravin Wednesday, 10 October 2018 17:55

    Pure negligence by police. Not the handler of dog. Poor dog. The way dog's leg burnt wire must be at ground level (4 - 5 inches above ground) . Electric fence for rabbits?

    Reply : 0       42

    Ransam Thursday, 11 October 2018 07:53

    This dog may have served the country more than most of our present MPs, Prez and PM

    Reply : 1       18

Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.
Name is required

Email is required
Comment cannot be empty