Doctors turn violent, attack hotel employee

2017-03-13 09:30:40
7294

A group of doctors had reportedly assaulted the employees of a hotel in Tissamaharama and damaged property after a party held there.

Police heard that the doctors, who serve in hospitals in Tissamaharama and Lunugamvehera, were annoyed with one of the hotel employees, who they suspected to be videoing the party. Charuka Madusanka, the hotel employee, complained to the police about the assault.

He said, “I received a video call. While I was answering it, these gentlemen had assumed that I was videoing them partying. I retreated to my room. But they followed me and beat me up. Several of my colleagues were also attacked. They smashed the window panes and damaged hotel property as well, he said.

The incident had taken place on Saturday (10) night. The Tissamaharama police were conducting investigations into the incident.(Roshan Dilip Kumara)

• Katie Monday, 13 March 2017 09:44

This is the "so Called" educated doctors. Such rowdy behaviour.

Reply : 3       64

T.Ranger Monday, 13 March 2017 10:50

So, Is this the garbage who is so violently protesting the SAITM Medical University. ??

Reply : 3       61

Rajendram Nagendra Tuesday, 14 March 2017 04:47

Doctors are supposed to save peoples pain what ever the circumstance. Not to cause harm and inn any way..These doctors should be struct off and punished once and for all.This will be a better pain than what they have done to a ordinary worker..Arrest them immediatly.

Reply : 0       31

Saranga Tuesday, 14 March 2017 18:56

GOMA members

Reply : 1       21

Dp Tuesday, 14 March 2017 20:05

Doctors have all the right to assault and cause injury, because its they who treat the injured.

Reply : 22       6

frank Wednesday, 15 March 2017 09:37

no action will be taken..swept under the carpet..the waiter had assaulted himself..case closed.

Reply : 1       24