The Ministry of Law and Order had now completed the exercise of identifying locations that can be permanently allocated for protests, sources from the Prime Minister’s office said yesterday.
Sources said they had been instructed to do so by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe.
“The locations chosen would be ones that do not inconvenience the public and are easily accessible by the those who want to carry out protests,” the sources added. However, the sources did not divulge the locations that had been selected. (Yohan Perera)
annoyed Friday, 17 March 2017 10:04
Wise and cool move.
Reply : 5 52
Channa Friday, 17 March 2017 12:36
Excellent dicision. Public should be able to carry out day to day activities peacefully.
Reply : 2 34
PDS Friday, 17 March 2017 15:00
probably the best decision made by the govt. Hope at least this will be implemented effectively.
Reply : 2 22
renu Friday, 17 March 2017 19:00
It should be like in England Hyde Park area so that anyone can have protest rallies, without hindering the general public . This is the best thing that can happen
Reply : 1 11
Selvyn Friday, 17 March 2017 19:12
This development has two expectations One is to keep away from disturbance the other is to prosecute when its not complied via DM Android App
Reply : 1 8
sara Friday, 17 March 2017 20:22
Its a good move but will it serve the purpose of the protesters.
Reply : 10 3
Mahila Saturday, 18 March 2017 01:51
Very good move. suggest that Media stream able to transmit pictures and voice be installed with a stage to have the proceedings streamed in to Media stations so the Media too can do their job from their desks at office.
Reply : 0 1
Add commentComments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.