Last Updated : 2019-01-22 16:20:44

Apps Advertising Home Delivery Feedback

BBQ turns toxic one dies, two hospitalized

15 January 2017 01:02 pm - 4     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

One person had died and another two hospitalized following inhaling toxic fumes after cooking chicken on a BBQ, inside a room at a lodge in Nuwara Eliya, the Police said.

The deceased had been identified as 39-year-old resident of Nittambuwa, the Police said.

The Police said the three men from Nittambuwa, who had left for Nuwara Eliya on a trip had lodged at a house at Hawa Eliya on Friday.   

“They had used the BBQ to roast the chicken and later they brought the barbecue grill inside their room for heating and had fallen sleep, The Police said.

The owner of the house had opened the door last afternoon as the patrons had not come out from the room and found then in a fainted state.

They were immediately admitted to the Nuwara Eliya Hospital. (Hatton Ranjith)

  Comments - 4

  • jehan Sunday, 15 January 2017 02:21 PM

    These keep happening why dont these hotels put a stop to these stupid actions via DM Android App

    Bawa Sunday, 15 January 2017 02:36 PM

    Carbon Monoxide poisioning.

    Save Sunday, 15 January 2017 02:37 PM

    Sri Lankans copy everything without full knowledge of the process. There are special precaution to take while BBQING to avoid these accidents. In the USA, the least educated man knows this .How many of them are really eating watermelon?

    Akila Monday, 16 January 2017 10:07 AM

    Poor fellows. Typical Sri Lankans.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment


Ministers using cocaine: Ranjan undertook a govt. contract - Gammanpila

While claiming that State Minister Ranjan Ramanayake’s recent remarks on co

Expedient Politics Toy with Executive Presidency

When politicians do something to advance themselves politically, something th

Color code for all sweets, biscuits from April 2

A Colour Code System (CCS) indicating sugar and salt levels in packaged food

 

 

 

TODAY'S HEADLINES