Severed heads of dogs sent to two human rights activists

2015-01-05 15:23:00
8953

Two severed heads of dogs have been sent to Brito Fernando and Prasanga Fernando, who are human rights activists, last night.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, Brito Fernando said the severed dog head was hanging in his gate last night.

“Last night, I along with my daughter and my wife went out for dinner around 7.00 pm and got back home at 10.30 pm. By the time we got back I saw three shopping bags hanging in the gate. At first I thought that it is a bag of garbage but when I inspected, I saw something similar to ears of a dog. Since both my wife and daughter were scared I let it be. In the morning when I looked, I found out it was a severed neck of a dog. It looked fresh as the blood was there,” he said.

Fernando said he lodged a complaint with the Negombo Police Station.

“Later, the same day I got to know that Prasanga Fernando who works with me too faced a similar incident,” he said.

He said these acts clearly indicates a warning. And he said he believes people who are supporters of the government behind the incident.

“During last October when we were preparing for the commemoration of the disappeared, defamatory posters were put up in Negombo, which carried my face and of other colleagues Victor Ivon and  Jayathillake Bandara. Also on October 26 last year, my house was stoned,” he said. (Chathushika Wijeyesinghe)

• Kalu Mallu Tuesday, 6 January 2015 06:39

Miracle of Asia

Reply : 6       48

Senaratne Tuesday, 6 January 2015 09:34

Trying to elect proven unsuccessful leaders in CBK and Ranil = Miracle of Asia!

Reply : 31       9

Modaya Tuesday, 6 January 2015 11:43

You have got your equation wrong. MY3 Ranil= Good governance

5       37

Sonali De Silva Tuesday, 6 January 2015 15:25

No. This type of intimidation could only be carried out by curs and mad ones at that. They had to sacrifice two of mans best friends to show the country to what extent they would stoop to. What next, human heads?

Reply : 0       7

ponil Tuesday, 6 January 2015 07:36

coming color no goodo! 4 traitors.run! after 8th.

Reply : 1       11

Nihal Amarasekera Tuesday, 6 January 2015 08:32

Are we to perpetuate this era or two more days to end it (hopefully)?

Reply : 1       21

mnsmart Tuesday, 6 January 2015 08:37

PEOPLE HAVE A CHOICE ON THE 8TH, TO LIVE WITH IT OR TO CHANGE IT....

Reply : 2       23

Chinnappa Tuesday, 6 January 2015 09:31

These two? Human rights activists? what nonsense ?

Reply : 10       12

Indra Rajapakse Friday, 9 January 2015 08:55

I do not know anything about these 2 human rights activists but I am sure they are working for the benefit of downtrodden people.The abhorrent act should be severely condemned!The people who did this to two poor innocent dogs should be severely punished for this dastardly act! Why should two innocent dogs pay with their lives (which have been so brutally ended), to satisfy a private grudge of inhuman criminals?

Reply : 0       0