As the second day of the rescue operations in Haldummulla came to an end, another female body was recovered increasing the total death toll to four persons, the Police said.
The body found today had been of a 50 year-old woman. Rescue workers had spotted the corpse this evening, trapped in the rubble.
Some 33 persons remain missing following the tragedy that befell the Meeriyabadda estate located in Haldummulla, Koslanda on Wednesday morning.
The three deceased victims found so far includes a 62-year-old man, a 50/ 60-year-old woman and a six-year-old girl while ten males, 19 females, four boys and one girl are among the missing. Police spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana said the information on the missing persons was obtained through statements of the survivors. (Sanath Desmond)
email@example.com Friday, 31 October 2014 22:30
Please send some backos to get this bodys out soon.I see only 2 backos.
Reply : 1 1
Empulze Saturday, 1 November 2014 01:30
It seems like the government is covering up. Contradictions in statements. via DM Android App
Reply : 0 0
ruwank Saturday, 1 November 2014 10:48
government is not covering up any thing please STOP spreading false allegations
Reply : 0 0
ANTON Saturday, 1 November 2014 06:52
I PRAY THIS WILL BE THE FINAL ONE ........... DEAR JESUS , NO MORE DEAD BODIES.
Reply : 0 1
Add commentComments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.