Last Updated : 2019-01-22 16:20:44

Apps Advertising Home Delivery Feedback

My wife threatened to divorce me if I gave my Peacock Mansion to MR

4 January 2016 12:04 pm - 7     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

My wife threatened to divorce me if I gave my Peacock Mansion to former president Mahinda Rajapaksa, Sri Lanka Labour Party Leader and Entrepreneur A.S.P. Liyanage said today.

A.S.P. Liyanage arrived at the Bribery Commission today to make a statement in connection with his offer to hand over the Rs.830 million worth Peacock Mansion at Rajagiriya to former president Mahinda Rajapaksa.

While addressing the media, he said, the main reason for not giving his mansion to Mahinda Rajapaksa was his wife’s insistence. She said she would divorce him if he did. This was the only force that was used on him.

No other people influenced me. She did this for my own safety, not to harm me,” he said.

“I was hoping to hand over my Peacock Mansion to the former president Mahinda Rajapakasa for two years, until he got his official house.

Holding this kind of investigation is good because everyone will come to know the reason behind my offering Peacock Mansion to the former president,” he said.

While recording my statement, the Bribery Commission wanted to know whether I had any agreement to sell or hand over my mansion to the former president.
“One should have the freedom to hand over anything anyone free of charge. That is the fair method in the world. But, unfortunately, we now have no independence. I also escaped by a hairsbreadth,” he said.

My statement was recorded due to many complaints made by several organizations, but this investigation ended today. The Bribery Commission said they would inform me if they needed any more information.

The complaints made against me were fair. Everyone has the right to make complaints. Mahinda Rajapaksa is very fond of to my house. He visited my place several times and he will come to my house even today if I ask him. President Maithripala Sirirsena has given him an official residence but he hasn’t gone there yet. (Chaturanga Pradeep)

Video by Sanjeewa

• SAM Tuesday, 05 January 2016 11:26 AM

Comedy countriyak.

Dr tiwi Tuesday, 05 January 2016 11:48 AM

My god rs 880 million worth of property for free? Who are you kidding?

Dingimahattaya Tuesday, 05 January 2016 12:05 PM

She is very intelligent and she save you from a crock.Dingi

Cobra Tuesday, 05 January 2016 07:01 AM

The wife knew best; one has to give the coin to a beggar and not to a have it all!!!

Mason Monday, 04 January 2016 06:41 PM

There is nothing called free lunch !

YAMAYA Monday, 04 January 2016 06:44 PM

How country have any investment under this harresment

Thambieya Monday, 04 January 2016 09:08 PM

Politics walata Niyameta Hariyana porakk.. Etakota Wife tamai treat karala tiyenne...Hee....Hee....Heee... Maara Joke eka 2016 ta

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment

Singling out of Rishad Bathiudeen as a political target

The orchestrated political campaign by the Mahinda Rajapaksa-led opposition i

TWISTS AND TURNS in the Dr. Shafi controversy

The sterilization charges against Dr. Seigu Shihabdeen Mohamed Shafi from the

Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) An in-depth look at ISIS

As the people and Government of Sri Lanka reel with shock and grief in the wa

Mahela declines to be part of Sri Lankan team Management at cricket World Cup