Accumulated wealth or a steady source of income is a fundamental requirement for every person who proposes to lead a normal life as a layman. Poverty means misery and suffering. Hence the imperative to be free from want.
Horoscope says it
Some are born rich; but some of such people become paupers. Some are born poor, but they come into wealth either through hard work and sheer perseverance or fortuitous circumstances. A competent astrologer can say whether one is condemned to lead a life of poverty or destined to live in luxury enjoying all possible comforts by a careful study of one’s horoscope.
Sakata Yoga is another yoga that would make a subject poor and very unfortunate. This yoga arises when the Moon is placed in the 6th, 8th and the 12th from the sign where Jupiter is placed
Daridra Yoga - Kemadruma
There are many yogas and planetary combinations that lead a subject to poverty. They are generally referred to as Daridra Yoga. Daridra means poverty. One of such yogas is Kemadruma Yoga.
Some students of astrology may know that when a planet (or planets) other than the Sun placed in the 2nd, 12th and the both House give rise to yogas called Sunapha, Anapha and Duradhara respectively. In the absence of such planets on either side of the Moon, the malefic Yoga called Kemadruma Yoga arises.
However, this bad yoga would not arise if the Moon is in a Kendra or there are planets other than the Sun in the Kendras from the Moon.
Discussing this Kemadruma Yoga in his celebrated work Brihat Jataka Sage Varahamihara says: “When Kemadruma Yoga is present, the person is dirty, ever stricken with grief, in a low position and bereft of wealth. He may become a servant or wicked person. He would become subject to these results even if he were born into a royal family.”
Meanwhile, Sage Parasara says that Chandra Yogas nullify the effects of all other yogas present in a horoscope.
Sakata Yoga is another yoga that would make a subject poor and very unfortunate. This yoga arises when the Moon is placed in the 6th, 8th and the 12th from the sign where Jupiter is placed.
There are other planetary combinations that constitute Daridra Yogas or yogas making a person poor and suffer from want.
Some of them are as follows:
1. If the Lagnadhipati is very weak and is aspected by the 8th lord while Jupiter and the Sun are afflicted.
2. If the 9th lord is conjunct with the Sun and the Lagnadhipati while the 2nd lord is in debilitation.
3.If the Lagnadhipati is weak while the 2nd lord is placed in the 12th House with the Sun.
4. If Mars is placed in the 2nd House (for it is said to lead to squandering the wealth)
5. If the 2nd and the 11th House are weak due to the planets occupying them being weak and their lords being afflicted.
6. If the Sun is paramaneecha (debilitated to the highest degree) which happens when it is placed in 10 degrees in Libra.
7. If the 11th House is occupied by Saturn, Mars, Rahu and the Sun.
8. If the lord of the 12th House is in the Lagna and the Lagna lord is in the 12th House.