The Government Medical Officers' Association (GMOA) yesterday introduced several measures to prevent the country moving towards a fifth COVID wave.
The measures are as follows:
- A complete vaccination of more than 70% of the population of the country and vaccination of school children in accordance with the guidelines and approval of the National Advisory Committee on Communicable Diseases.
- Commencement of the process of administering a third priority booster dose for those who have received both the doses, from the beginning of November, subject to the approval of the National Advisory Committee on Communicable Diseases.
- Adaptation of the people to the new normal lifestyle in accordance with the health guidelines.
- Introduction of new and simple COVID testing methods that are freely available to identify the positive asymptomatic individuals carrying the virus despite being vaccinated.
- Conduct random community sampling tests scientifically and uniformly, covering all districts, to identify emerging COVID clusters in the community.
- Identify the potential new strains by conducting genetic testing in a scientific and uniform manner and implement strategies to prevent their spread within the society from the very beginning.