By Yohan Perera and Ajith Siriwardana
Government MP Geetha Kumarasinghe yesterday said she too has had a bitter experience with a leakage of the gas cylinder in her house.
Speaking during the committee stage debate on the budget, Ms. Kumarasinghe said she suffered from shock after the incident. “ I had to seek ICU treatment after suffering from shock but I came around thanks to my doctor,” she said.
“ I had insurance cover from a leading global insurance company which was willing to settle my claim. How many women in Sri Lanka could afford such a facility?. Therefore I request the authorities to come up with a solution to the gas cylinder explosion issue. Our housewives are now living in fear of their domestic gas cylinder blowing up,” she said.
She also stressed the need for a Parliament approved women’s charter.
- Housewives are now living in fear of their domestic gas cylinder blowing up