A fire broke out in a Spare Parts shop situated in Sirimavo Bandaranaike Mawatha in Grandpass this morning. Adjoining buildings which housed a wine store, a phone arcade and a garage had also been damaged by the incident. No casualties were reported, Duty Officer of the Colombo Fire Brigade told Daily Mirror online
He added thatnine fire response vehicles had responded to the call within minutes of the report of the fire around this morning. The cause of the fire is suspected to be an oil can near a jeep on the first floor of the Spare Parts shop, which might have ignited because of a spark.
Sometime fire occuring this was known by ancient birds they quiet from the place. Interface or fire brigade doesn't work all the time
Saturday, 16 January 2010 10:33 AM
Adding fuel to fire and fire to fuel the election news, sigh of relief it is nothing to do with election violence and the police won't be blamed for inaction? The fire brigade is situated very close by...
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.