By Susil Premalal
The Sri Lanka Amateur Boxing Association has established a 21 member (men and women) National Boxing Pool targeting the 13th South Asian Games (SAG) to be held from December 1 to 10 in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The list has been sent to the Ministry of Sports SAG Secretariat. Currently they are training at the Army, Navy, Air Force and MAS boxing arenas. The quota for the SAG is (15) boxers (men and women) including (9) men and (6) women.
The final selection trial will take place from August 13 to 17 at the Royal Boxing arena at the Layton Cup Boxing Meet.
Men’s Boxing Pool:
- Fly Weight (49 kg)- M.P.G. Sanjeeva Nuan (SL Army), A.M.G.I. Bandara (SL Navy), T.G.H.N. Jinadasa (Peradeniya BC) and J.M.N. Jeevakumara (SL Air Force)
- Fly Weight (52 kg)- M.V.I.R.S. Bandara (SL Army), P.G.E. Madushan (SL Air Force), K.V.L. Eranda (Police) and R.M.P. Dharmasena (SL Army)
- Bantam Weight (56 kg)- U.N.K. Amarawansa (Slim Line) and W.R.T. Weerakkody (SL Army)
- Light Weight (60 kg)- K.A.B.S. Jayampathi (Slim Line) and N.B.A.J. Wimukthi Kumara (SL Army)
- Light Welter Weight (64 kg)- P.V.D.D.D. Sparamadu (Slim Line) and R.W.M.S.D. Rajakaruna (SL Army)
- Welter Weight (69 kg)- N.M. Httiarachchi (Slim Line) and P.D.D. Maduranga (SL Army)
Women’s Pool :
- Light Fly Weight (48 kg)- Nadeeka Pushpakumari (Unichela)
- Fly Weight (51 kg)- K.A.K. Nilmini (Unichela)
- Bantam Weight (54 kg)- M.P.P.S. Cooray (SL Air Force)
- Feather Weight (57 kg)- K.A.K. Hansika (Unichela)
- Light Weight (60 kg)- K.A.D. Dharmatilleke (Unichela)