Five more COVID-19 related deaths were reported today surging the total COVID-19 deaths in Sri Lanka to 204, the Government Information Department said.
A 72-year-old male from Darga Town, a 59-year-old male from Homagama, a 61-year-old female from Colombo 5, a 46-year-old male from Galewela and a 75-year-old male from Pelmadulla are among the deceased.
The deceased are:
01. The deceased is a 72 year old male from Darga Town. He died on 28.12.2020 while being treated at General Hospital Kalutara. The cause of death is mentioned as blood poisoning caused by acute diabetes and Covid pneumonia.
02. The deceased is a 59 year old male from Homagama. He was diagnosed as infected with Covid 19 virus at Base Hospital Ambanpola and transferred to IDH Hospital where he died on 31.12.2020. The cause of death is acute lung infection with Covid-19 virus infection.
03. The deceased is a 61 year old female from Colombo 05. She was diagnosed as infected with Covid -19 virus at KDU Hospital and transferred to IDH Hospital where she died on 31.12.2020. The cause of death is liver infection and Covid pneumonia.
04. The deceased is a 46 year old male from Galewela. He died on admission to the District Hospital Galewela on 30.12.2020. The cause of death is mentioned as diabetes complications with Covid 19 virus infection.
05. The deceased is a 75 year old male from Pelmadulla. He died on 30.12.2020 while being treated at Teaching Hospital, Rathnapura. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid 19 virus infection, blood poisoning and lung infection.