Most parents in our country despite the steady increase in the incidence of love marriages continue to engage in the age-old practice of matching horoscopes for the purpose of choosing a life partner for their son or daughter. The belief in Astrology has gained such firm ground in our society, we find that even marriage proposals advertised in websites and newspapers very often carry a request that a copy of the horoscope of the proposed partner be sent along with the first response itself.
Visi- Porondam and Ashta-kuta methods
Both ‘Visi-porondam’ (twenty Kuta) and Ashta-kuta methods are widely followed in matching horoscopes in our country. Most people presume that they could safely go ahead with conducting a marriage after the comparison of porondam or Kutas – based on the Kuta agreement. However, this presumption is a fallacy. Because
Despite the Kuta score being average, fair, good, or even excellent, there could be yogas in either horoscope be it that of the male or the female that forebode misfortune for the other partner. This means that the Kuta Agreement is not the last word on the compatibility between a young male and a young female about to embark on matrimony. Therefore, it is a must for a student of Astrology or a practising astrologer to be conversant with the yogas that portend misfortune for the spouse in a native’s Natal Chart.
Yogas that bring about misfortune
In this article we propose to discuss certain yogas in the horoscope of a male which portend misfortune for the wife. They are:
- If the lord of the 7th House occupies a Navamsa which is a common sign, the native’s wife would die leading to a second marriage.
- If Rahu is posited in the 2nd House and Mars in the 7th, wife would die from snake bite on the third day after the marriage.
- Wife would die due to a fire accident if Saturn and Mars together or separately occupy the 4th or the 8th from the sign where Venus is posited.
- Wife would come to a premature death if Venus is hemmed in by malefics in the same House or in the Houses on either side.
- If Mars is posited in the 6th House, Rahu in the 7th, and Saturn in the 8th, wife would die soon after marriage.
- If there are malefics in the Lagna or the 7th, 3rd and 11th Houses, wife would not live long.
- If there are malefics in the Lagna or in the 7th House, wife would predecease him shortly after
- If the 7Th lord is conjunct with a malefic, wife would suffer some misfortune, especially if both the 7th House and its lord are weak.
- If the 2nd lord is in the 8th House when the Lagnadhipati is in debilitation, wife would not live long.
- If Rahu is in the Lagna or the 7th House, wife would predecease him shortly after marriage.
- Wife would die early if the 7th lord is in fall (debilitation) while Venus is in the 7th. If Moon is posited in the 7th from Venus, mercury in the 7th from Moon, (Mercury and Venus together) and the 8th lord is in the 5th, wife would die within 10 years of marriage. Second wife too would die There is a strong possibility of the early death of the third wife as well.
- If Venus is in the 8th House and the 8th lord is in a sign owned by Saturn (Capricorn or Aquarius) wife would die between the 12th and the 19th year after marriage.
- If the 2nd is in the 8th while the 12th lord is in the 7th an early death would come to wife.
- If the 5th lord is in the 7th and the 7th lord is with malefics and Venus is weak, would die during pregnancy.
Role of Arishta-bhanga yogas
There can be yogas nullifying the aforesaid yogas – Arishta-bhanga yogas in the horoscopes of both the male and the wife or the proposed female partner and the possible Arishta-bhanga yogas should be carefully studied before making predictions. In this regard, it is an imperative for a student of Astrology to become conversant with Arishta-bhanga yogas as well.
Name - Reply Comment