No astrological taboo for commencing an agricultural activity on a Sunday or a Saturday if an auspicious Muhurtha is available
In our previous three articles on Fine-tuning Muhurtha, we explained the ten-fold blemishes or evil yoga - called Dasa Maha Dosha which should be avoided when fixing an auspicious time or Subha Muhurtha for commencing an important activity or inaugurating a landmark event in life.
The Dasa Maha Dosha are: 1. Rikta 2. Vishti 3. Dagdha 4. Kaana 5. Mara 6. Visha 7. Agni 8. Shakata 9. Bhumi Shukra and 10. Soola
The students of Astrology may find it interesting to know that there are powerful yogas and Astrological factors such as planetary strengths (Graha-Bala) that can render the Dasa Maha Doshas ineffective and we propose to familiarise them with such yogas and factors so that they would be in a position to fix a Dosha-free auspicious time even for a practical purpose.
The yogas or specific durations propitious for fixing Subha Muhurthas are: Siddhi, Amurtha, Chara and Nanda.
1. Siddhi Yoga: This Yoga occurs on
1st, 6th and 11th Tithis falling on a Friday.
2nd, 7th, and the 12th Tithis falling on a Wednesday
3rd, 8th, 13th Tithis falling on Tuesday
4th, 9th, and 14th Tithis on Saturday
5th, 10th and 15th Tithis on Thursday
2. Amurtha Yoga: This yoga occurs on
1st, 6th, 11th Tithis falling on Sunday
2nd, 7th, 12th Tithis falling on Friday
3rd, 8th, 13th Tithis falling on Wednesday
5th, 10th and 15th Tithis falling on Thursday and 4th, 9th and 14th Tithis falling
3. Chara Yoga: This yoga occurs in constellations.
Kati, Aslisa, Sita, Saa, Revati, Moola
Coinciding with 1st, 6th and 11th Tithis and Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday.
4. Nanda Yoga: This Yoga occurs on
Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday coinciding with Kati, Aslisa, Sita, Saa, Moola and Siyawasa constellations.
Planetary positions that nullify Dasa Maha Dosha
- When Mercury is strongly placed in the Lagna of the Tatkaala Kundali- the horoscope cast showing the positions of planets at the Muhurtha time.
- When Venus is strongly placed in the Lagna
- When Jupiter is placed strongly in the Lagna
- When the benefics are strongly placed in the Kendras and Moolatrikonas
- When Swakshetra or exalted Full Moon is aspected by Venus
- When the Ascendant lord is in the Ascendant while being aspected by benefics
- When Jupiter placed in the 10th House is aspected by the Full Moon
- When the Vargottama Moon in the Lagna is placed in Asvida or Rehena constellation
- When Vargottama Mars in the Lagna is placed in Asvida or Anura constellation
- If the strong Venus posited in the Lagna is placed in Asvida, Kati, Pusha, Saa, or Revati constellation
- If the strong moon is hemmed in between two benefics and
- If the Sun is placed in the 11th House during the day and the Moon is placed in the 11th House during the night
Compatibility with birth constellation and birth Lagna
It is also noteworthy that the constellation in which the selected Subha Muhurtha falls should be compatible with the native’s birth constellation. The Lagna relevant to the chosen Subha Muhurtha should be compatible with the Native’s natal Chandra Lagna.
Subha Muhurtha on Sunday and Saturday
A Sunday may be chosen for fixing a Subha Muhurtha for any activity or event conforming me to an auspicious yoga. There is no astrological taboo for commencing an agricultural activity on a Sunday or a Saturday either if an auspicious Muhurtha is available.
Rahu Kaala should be avoided when fixing a Subha Muhurtha.