Maha Sangha of the three Nikayas , in a statement, extended their blessings to the new government of Sri Lanka Podu Jana Peramuna for their outstanding victory at the recently concluded General Elections.
“The sovereign people of this country gave a two-thirds majority mandate in Parliament, as expected by the President and the Prime Minister, with the expectation of bringing into fruition the programme of work started by the President under ‘Vistas of Prosperity and Splendour.’
The need for persons with knowledge, intelligence, and integrity to be elected was pronounced at almost every political stage during the election campaign. The people have endorsed this sentiment in unmistaken terms,” the statement said.
1. Aggamahapandita Kotugoda Dhammavasa Mahanayaka Thero, Supreme Patriarch of the Sri Lanka Amarapura Maha Nikaya
2. Dr. Ittepane Dhammalankara Mahanayaka Thero, Chief Prelate of the Sri Kalyani Samagri Dharma Maha Sangha Sabhava
3. Diviyagaha Yasassi Nayaka Thera, President of the Buddhasasana Karyasadhaka Mandalaya
4. Matale Dhammakusala Anunayaka Thero, Deputy Prelate of the Sri Lanka Ramanna Mahanikaya
5. Gantune Assaji Mahanayaka Thero, President Prelate of the Sri Lanka Amarapura Maha Nikaya
6. Karagoda Uyangoda Maitreemurti Mahanayaka Thero,
7. Senior Professor Tumbulle Silakkhandha Nayaka Thera, Mahopadhyaya of the Asgiriya Chapter
8. Balangoda Sobhita Nayaka Thera, Head of the Vidyodaya Pirivena
9. Tirikunamale Ananda Mahanayaka Thero
10. Professor Kotapitiye Rahula Anunayaka Thero
11. Venerable Omare Kassapa Anunayaka Thero of the Sri Rohana Sangha Sabha
12. Aggamahapandita Makulave Vimala, Adhikarana Nayaka Thero of the Sri Lanka Ramanna Maha Nikaya
13. Professor Agalakada Sirisumana Maha Thero