13 deaths during the weekend
By Sheain Fernandopulle
Four more COVID-19 deaths were reported yesterday increasing the total to 87, the Government Information Department said.
Meanwhile, nine individuals succumbed to COVID-19 on Saturday (21) reporting the highest number of deaths recorded within a day and raising the death toll to 83. According to the Government Information Department, five males aged 57, 65, 89, 72, 76 and four females aged 48, 69, 75, 76 are the victims reported on Saturday. All the deceased are residents of the Colombo area. Details of Saturday’s victims are as follows,
01. A 57-year-old, a resident of Colombo 02 was pronounced dead at the National Hospital in Colombo. The cause of death was ruled as COVID-19 related pneumonia and shock.
02. A 65-year-old male from Wellampitiya succumbed to the virus at the National Hospital in Colombo. The cause of death was identified as High Blood Pressure, Diabetes and COVID-19 infection.
03. An 89-year-old male from Dematagoda who passed away at the National Hospital in Colombo. The cause of death was ruled as COVID-19 related pneumonia.
04. A 48-year-old female, a resident of Colombo 10 was reported dead at her residence. The cause of death was ruled as cardiac arrest due to COVID-19 infections.
05. A 72-year-old male, a resident of Colombo also passed away at his residence.