SLT-Mobitel has collaborated with the IT Division of Colombo Municipal Council (CMC) to introduce yet another pioneering initiative through Mobitel’s eChannelling service, enabling the convenient registration of persons for the COVID-19 vaccination.
As part of the first phase, senior citizens over the age of 60 years and residing within the city of Colombo can avail themselves of this facility online, free of charge.
To use this unique service, citizens over the age of 60 can access the eChannelling website www.echannelling.com, or CMC website www.colombo.mc.gov.lk, or by using the eChannelling Mobile App and click on the ‘COVID Vaccination’ button which will then lead the user to a page displaying names of participating vaccination centres.
Customers can then select their preferred centre for the vaccination and a preferred time slot and proceed with the reservation by providing the required personal details such as name, NIC number and mobile number. A one-time password or OTP will be sent via SMS to the person’s given mobile number, and upon its verification, the reservation is confirmed through an SMS and electronic receipt.
The vaccinations are available to be booked at the following centres:
- MOH District 01 & New Bazaar Maternity Home premises - No. 200, Sirimavo Bandaranayake Mw, Colombo 14. Contact – 2336625
- MOH District 2A at Ginthupitiya - No 27, Vivekananda Rd, Colombo 13. Contact – 2446342
- MOH District 2B office - Forbes Lane MCH Centre 73/12 Forbes Lane (Arnold Ratnayake Mw) Colombo 10. Contact - 2689833
- MOH District 3 office - Campbell Park grounds. Contact – 2691826
- MOH District 4 office - No 75, Kirula Rd, Colombo 5. Contact – 2582037
- MOH District 5 Office - No 40, Manning Pl, Wellawatta. Contact - 2588223