Mon, 30 Jan 2023 Today's Paper

Two die inhaling toxic gas

7 April 2013 03:55 am - 9     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

Two people were killed and one hospitalized after inhaling a toxic gas while attempting to clean a gully at Attidiya in Ratmalana last night, Police said.

 The Mount Lavinia Police are conducting further investigations.

Order Gifts to Sri Lanka. See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Vegetables, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Sending Money,Online Books, Delivery Service, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop Sri Lanka

  Comments - 9

Order Gifts to Sri Lanka. See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Vegetables, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Sending Money,Online Books, Delivery Service, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop Sri Lanka
  • Grace Sunday, 07 April 2013 04:07 AM

    The source of the toxic gas should be checked. May be due to improper disposal of toxic chemical waste.

    Duminda Sunday, 07 April 2013 04:29 AM

    Train people before work...........

    ANTON Sunday, 07 April 2013 04:37 AM

    Seems to be bio gas called methane, This gas is produced when organic matter such as plant waste is decayed and degraded.

    Amila. G Sunday, 07 April 2013 04:55 AM

    Fault of the system. Last priority is safety in any field in Sri Lanka, Until a tragic ending.

    Sammy Sunday, 07 April 2013 05:27 AM

    It is high time that gulley and sewer cleaners are provided with adequate safety equipment like gloves, boots, masks etc. and don't talk about cost. There is so much wastage of funds elsewhere.

    MagodisThuma Sunday, 07 April 2013 06:04 AM

    Get a patent for your invention !

    Truth Sunday, 07 April 2013 10:07 AM

    methen is not toxic but combustible

    lankan Monday, 08 April 2013 12:00 AM

    filters to be installed b4 discharge the efflunt via DM Android App

    Jega Monday, 08 April 2013 04:31 AM

    Well said.Life of a person is more expensive than any other cost.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment




Order Gifts to Sri Lanka. See Kapruka's top selling online shopping categories such as Toys, Vegetables, Grocery, Flowers, Birthday Cakes, Fruits, Chocolates, Clothing and Electronics. Also see Kapruka's unique online services such as Sending Money,Online Books, Delivery Service, Food Delivery and over 700 top brands. Also get products from Amazon & Ebay via Kapruka Gloabal Shop Sri Lanka

Health System in the emergency room

Sandya Kumari from Kotahena has been experiencing chest pains since 2015 and

Canada’s targeted sanctioning of Gota and Mahinda

History was made last week when two former executive presidents of Sri Lanka

SC judgement on Easter attack: Court rules negligence stood in the way of avoiding most heinous crime

“On the ill-fated day of 21st of April 2019, this island home was awoken ru

Lasantha was a Fearless Editor who Spoke Truth to Power

Friends,Family members, colleagues, schoolmates and admirers of Lasantha Wick