The Foreign Affairs Ministry confirmed that there were no Sri Lankans among the injured in this morning's series of blasts and gunfire reported in Indonesian Capital, Jakarta.
“We have contacted local authorities in Jakarta. According to them, at the moment no reports have been received of any Sri Lankan being affected in the series of blasts. However, we will keep contacting them since it is difficult to determine nationalities of the injured as soon as such bomb blast takes place,” Foreign Ministry’s Spokesperson Mahishini Colonne said.
Foreign media reported that at least seven people had been killed including three policemen and four civilians. It said that a Dutch national and another foreigner were among the casualties. (Piyumi Fonseka)
Comments - 2
Sri Lankan Thursday, 14 January 2016 05:25 PM
Hi Arnolis Totally agree with you. No point in blaming Muslims for ISIS actions. ISIS is created and controlled by the West and few others Please will find the truth but takes time.
Arnolis Thursday, 14 January 2016 03:10 PM
Surely ISIS is behind this. But ISIS is a massive fraud. If ISIS were the true saviors of Muslims as they claim, they should be attacking Israel. But they don't fire a single shot at Israel, instead they kill Muslims and engage in attacks at public places that will only bring misery to Muslims.
Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.