Medical officers are still attempting to remove from the stomach, the piece of blade that was swallowed with a chocolate by a Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) officer last Friday, sources said.
They said the victim was under observation at the National Hospital.
According to sources the victim was subjected to X- rays which revealed that the piece of blade was moving along his intestines. He was subjected to several other medical tests including an endoscopy. However the doctors have assured that he was out of danger.
Meanwhile, the company which manufactured the chocolate slab in question is to be summoned by the Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) for an inquiry today.
CAA Chairman Rumy Marzook said it was decided to summon the company officials for an inquiry after the CAA employee who swallowed the piece of blade had lodged a complaint with the authority.
Meanwhile, Cooperatives and Internal Trade Minister Johnston Fernando had requested the CAA to take stern action against those selling goods which are not suitable for consumption.
The victim was admitted to Hospital last Friday after he accidentally swallowed a piece of blade which was inside a chocolate slab he was consuming.
Sources from CAA said one part of the blade had remained inside his mouth while he had swallowed the other piece. The third piece had remained in the chocolate. (Yohan Perera)