Wed, 08 Dec 2021 Today's Paper

Three arrested with 24kgs of gold worth Rs.170mn

12 April 2018 07:33 am - 1     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A A A

Three Sri Lankans, who tried to smuggle 24.2kgs of gold worth Rs. 170 million to India, had been arrested by the Navy in the seas off Talaimannar yesterday, Navy Spokesman Commander Dinesh Bandara said.

He said that the suspects were arrested while transporting the gold in a boat.

He said 242 gold biscuits, each weighing 100g, were found in the boat.

He said that the suspects and the gold were handed over to the Jaffna Customs Office for further investigations. (Darshana Sanjeewa)

  Comments - 1

  • Saman Friday, 13 April 2018 12:45 PM

    If it was the previous regime 99% of the gold would have beend shared amongst the leadership and the remaining 1% presented to the Court.


Add comment

Comments will be edited (grammar, spelling and slang) and authorized at the discretion of Daily Mirror online. The website also has the right not to publish selected comments.

Reply To:

Name - Reply Comment





A Sri Lankan giving dignified burials to unclaimed bodies for five decades

After their death, most people are memorialized at a service, surrounded by g

Focus on Laggala Gem mining big shots bigger than the law

The truth is now being uncovered regarding an illegal mining racket in state

How and why the TNA was formed twenty years ago

The Tamil National Alliance (TNA) is now twenty years of age. The premier pol

India lays emphasis on culture diplomacy with Sri Lanka

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi wanted to inaugurate the Kushinagar Inter