All unauthorized constructions along the coastal belt in Mirissa will be removed by May 1, Coastal Conservation Department Director Prabath Chandrakeerthi said yesterday.
He told a news briefing the task would be first launched at Mirissa and later implemented along the entire coastal belt.
He said 17 unauthorized constructions were identified along the Mirissa beach and their owners were already informed to remove them.
Mr. Chandrakkrthi said unauthorized constructions in Negombo and Dehiwala would also be removed next month.
Illegal constructions in Aman Beach in Tangalle and Uswetakeiyawa were removed by the Department of Coastal Conservation earlier this month. (Thilanka Kanakarathna)