The toll of Covid-19 deaths in Sri Lanka increased to 66 with five more Covid-19 related deaths being reported today.
According to the Government Information Department, three females aged 69,71, 81 and two males aged 65, 82 are among the victims.
The details of the deceased are as follows,
01. A 65-year-old male, a resident of Colombo 10 was pronounced dead at the Welikanda Base Hospital after being transferred from the Punani Treatment Facility. The cause of death was identified as high blood pressure due to Covid-19 infection.
02. A 69-year-old female from Ratmalana, whose cause of death was ruled as complications associated with diabetes and high blood pressure and COVID-19 infection passed away at her residence.
03. A 71-year-old female, a resident of Kirulapone was also reported dead her residence. The cause of death was identified as an exacerbation of diabetes and high blood pressure due to Covid-19 infection.
04. An 81-year-old female from Colombo 02 succumbed to the virus at the National Hospital in Colombo. The cause of death was ruled as Covid-19 infection and pneumonia.
05. An 82-year-old male, a resident of Dematagoda passed away at his residence. The cause of death was identified as complications of diabetes associated with Covid-19 infection. (Sheain Fernandopulle)
Five more Covid-19 deaths reported; toll climbs to 66