DM Astro 131
Comparing the kutas or porondam in respect of the prospective life-partners’ horoscopes to ascertain their conjugal compatibility is a widely followed practice both here and India.
Kuta Agreement alone is not sufficient
However, it is the consensus of the eminent astrologers that comparing the horoscopes of the young couple proposed for matrimony alone is not sufficient for ascertaining their conjugal compatibility. There are 20 Dosha (blemishes) that could make a marriage a failure. Therefore, even if a majority of kutas are agreeable, one or two conjugal blemishes present in either or either one of the horoscopes could imperil a marriage. Such a Dosha could lead to separation, early death of one partner, childlessness or long-lasting unhappiness.
However, there are planetary combinations that nullify or void such Dosha. For example, the presence of the same blemish in both horoscopes render the blemish ineffective. Jupiter’s beneficial aspect over the planet or planets causing the Dosha too would nullify the Dosha.
Visha Kanya Dosha
Visha Kanya Yoga is a conjugal Dosha which is seldom discussed in Astrological articles or in other discourse and is not known to most laymen. Hence the writer’s intention to discuss it in some detail.
It is also noteworthy that the Visha Kanya Yoga is a blemish relevant to only females.
Now let us examine the factors that lead to the arising of this yogain a female:
- Being born into Aslisa, Siyawasa or Kati constellation on a Dolosvaka Tithi or the 12th Lunar day that coincides with a Sunday
- Being born into Aslisa or Siyawasa constellation on the Diyavaka Tithi (the 2nd Lunar day) that coincides with a Tuesday
- Being born into Siyawasa or Visa constellation on Satavaka Tithi (7th Lunar day) that coincides with a Tuesday
- Being born into Aslisa constellation on Diyavaka (the 2nd Lunar day) that coincides with a Saturday or
- Being born into Kati constellation on Satavaka Tithi (the 7th Lunar day) that coincides with a Saturday.
There are other situations where the Visha Kanya Yoga occurs. They are:
- Saturn being positioned in the Lagna while Mars is placed in the 9th House
- Saturn being placed in the 1st House while Mars and Ketu are in the 7th House in the case of Aries (Mesha) being the Ascendant or Lagna Rashi
- Mars being placed in the 1st House while Ravi and Rahu are in the 6th House in the case of an Aries Ascendant
- Rahu being placed in the 1st House while Mars and Saturn are in the 6th House in the case of an Aries Ascendant
- Saturn being placed in the 1st house while Ravi and Ketu are in the place in the case of Leo ascendant and
- Rahu being placed in the 1st House while Ravi and Saturn are in the 10th House.
- The planetary combinations that render Visha Kanya Yoga ineffective are:
- When the 7th lord is placed in the 7th House itself while a benefic is positioned in the 1st House
- When there is a benefic in association with a strong Moon and
- When Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus are strong in a Natal Chart with a female Rashi as the Lagna