Last Updated : 17-04-2014 17:19


 
 

Over 300 hospitalized

E-mail Print

By Prasanna Padmasiri


Over 300 workers of a garment factory in Mahiyanganaya who had consumed food last evening have been hospitalized with suspected food poisoning. Health authorities have launched an investigation into the incident.

Police said the 303 workers of the garment factory in the Mahiyangana town had developed vomiting and faint from the previous night. It is believed that the fish curry or herbs served with the midday meal caused the illness.

However, the Health Officers and Mahinyangana police conducting inquiries into the incident said the cause of illness could be established only after testing the food and water samples collected by them. (Daily Mirror online)





 
 

Views : 1944
 
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Glad to go home
Video: For a blessed year
Fun at Galle Face
'Blood moon'
Glad to go home
Video: For a blessed year
Fun at Galle Face
'Blood moon'