Last Updated : 20-04-2014 17:56


 
 

Tragedy in Galaha

E-mail Print

A 15-year-old schoolboy who was playing in the school ground on Vesak Full Moon Poya Day (6) was electrocuted when he attempted to climb a high voltage lamp post.

The student had come to school to attend extra classes. During the interval he had attempted to climb the lamp post, police said.  The student identified as Ramachandran Kishorekumar resided  at Wedahetawatta in Galaha.

Police said the student was playing with eight other students at the time of the incident. He had died on the spot due to severe burn injuries.
Residents had complained to the authorities asking why such high voltage lines were fixed close to the ground. In this particular incident the lines were only 10 meters above the ground.

The body was sent to the Galaha Hospital for the post mortem after the magisterial inquiry was conducted. (Suranga Rajanayake)


 
 

Views : 1997
 
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Recalling the ordeal
The ride that ended in tears
Bad weather destroys houses in Mahakachchikodi
Video: Good Friday
Recalling the ordeal
The ride that ended in tears
Bad weather destroys houses in Mahakachchikodi
Video: Good Friday